Your KOMOTO P700 is water resistant IP54.
A product with an IP54 rating is protected against quantity of dust that could interfere with the normal operation of the product but is not fully dust tight. The product is completely protected against solid objects. It is also protected against water splashing from any angle.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER WATER DAMAGE! BE SMART AND SAFE WHILE USING IN WATER!
- Battery is waterproof when installed into your KOMOTO P700. Not when it is removed from the unit.
- Make sure to always to put the silicon battery plug into the charging port before each use.
Do not drive into deep puddles or water no deeper than 2 inches. Light to medium rain. DO NOT operate in heavy rain.
- Water resistant is not the same as water proof.
- You can not submerge your KOMOTO into water.
- You can not drive it into any body of water or any deep puddles.
- Never store outside in the elements or the rain.
KOMOTO P700s are water resistant when battery is installed. When battery is removed it does not have IP54 water resistant rating.
If using in wet conditions you will need to oil/lube brake cable and rear bearings.
You can use your KOMOTO in snow just make sure to wash off running board often since salt kills everything!